Select your status

Below, we’ve gathered some helpful resident resources and quick responses to any questions you might have. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us at the Community Management Office.


    General Questions

  • How do I submit a request to have maintenance repairs in my home?

    • At Air Force Academy Housing, you can call the maintenance line, or the Community Management Office to place a work order. The phone number is (719) 982-4800.  This maintenance phone line will be answered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 

      Routine work orders may also be submitted online.

      For Maintenance emergencies during the day please call (719) 982-4800. After hours, (719) 982-4800 and choose option 1 to be re-directed to our on-call answering service. The answering service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All maintenance emergencies will be answered immediately.

      Life threatening emergencies should be directed to 911.

  • What pets are we allowed to have in our homes?

    • The pets that are permissible in your home are those which are domesticated and are traditionally kept in the home. These pets are identified as dogs*, cats, birds, gerbils, hamster, guinea pigs, turtles, and fish. Two walking pets are allowed (two dogs or two cats or one cat and one dog). 

      The following animals are not allowed in the Community or to be kept by residents in their individual unit/housing in the Community at any time: 

      Dogs of the following "restricted breeds" (to include any dog with a mix of any such breeds)*: Pit Bull (American Staffordshire Bull Terrier or English Staffordshire Bull Terrier), Rottweiler, Presa Canarios, Doberman Pinscher, Chow Chow, Akitas, Mastiffs, Great Danes, Alaskan Malamutes, and Wolf hybrids.
      Any dog (of any breed) that demonstrates a propensity for dominance or aggressive behavior as indicated by any of the following types of conduct: Unprovoked barking, growling or snarling when people approach; aggressively running along fence lines (if applicable) when people are present; biting or scratching people or other animals; or escaping confinement or restrictions to chase people.
      Reptiles and fish: Ex: Snake, lizard, turtle, tortoise, crocodile, alligator, iguana, komodo dragon, newt, gecko, gila monster, electric ells, piranhas, pufferfish, sharks.
      Arachnids: Ex: Spider, scorpion.
      Rodents (other than hamsters and guinea pigs): Ex: Mice, rat, gerbil, mole, beaver, squirrel, porcupine, chipmunk, prairie dog, groundhog, gopher, shrew, bat, hedgehog, raccoon, skunk.
      Wild or exotic animals: Ex: Fisher cat, fox, weasel, raccoon, monkey, Ferret, chinchilla, jackal, coyote, wolf, skunks.
      Farm animals: Ex: Pig, horse, cow, chicken, sheep, goat, geese.
      Birds of prey: Ex: Hawk, eagle, buzzard, vulture, owl, falcon, harrier, kite.

  • What is the trash pick-up schedule?

    • Weekly Trash Pick-Up is provided. Trash collection is every Thursday of every week.  Please keep containers tightly closed and locked at all times. Please check Facebook or the Community Management Office for holiday trash collection schedules. Should you need pick up of a holiday tree, please call (719) 982-4800 to schedule or email

      The recycling schedule is posted to the Newsletter page on our website

  • Wildlife Note

    • It is very important that dumpsters are kept closed and locked at all times and that food is not left outside, including pet food.  Our pristine location means that wildlife is abundant.  Please do not feed, approach or photograph wildlife.

  • Yard Waste

    • Yard waste, such as dead plants, grass, leaves, small branches, clippings, and limbs are to be placed in yard waste or paper bags only. Please call (719) 982-4800 for pickup.

  • Recycling

    • Hunt Military Communities will be participating in a recycling program. A recycle bin will be provided, and recycled items will be collected every other Thursday. Please contact the Community Management Office for a recycle calendar and a complete list of recycable items. The following items are NOT eligible for recycling: refrigerators, freezers, oil and other petroleum projects, paint, and tires. 

  • Weekly Bulk Trash Pick-Up

    • Bulk pick up in two simple steps:

      1. Call the Office to schedule a pick up by 3pm Wednesday

      2. Place items out by the curb or 3ft from your dumpster no earlier than 6pm Wednesday

      Please note, there are some items that are not accepted and need to be disposed by the resident.

      Not accepted items:

      * Hazardous waste such as gas, propane, paint, oil

      * Automotive parts

      * Electronics

      * Appliances


  • Will I need to maintain my lawn?

    • Hunt Military Communities is pleased to maintain the landscape (mowing, trimming, edging) of all common areas including greenways, parks, and play areas within the neighborhoods. The front yards of all homes will also be maintained by Hunt, but residents are responsible for weeding flower and planting beds. If you have a fenced - in backyard, you will be responsible to maintain. Residents are required to keep these areas free of any items that may prohibit the landscaping crews from maintaining these areas. Yards which are not kept free of toys, trash, abandoned items, pet waste or debris will not be mowed. If you desire to maintain your own lawn, please visit the Community Management Office to complete a form and receive a sign for your yard.

  • What about snow removal?

    • Hunt Military Communities will remove snow,when there is 2” or more of snow accumulation or when required, fromstreets and common area sidewalks. Residents are responsible for snow removal from their driveways and carports. 

  • How do I submit a request to install items in and around my home?

    • You must submit a written request at the Community Management Office to make any alterations to the exterior or interior of the home. No changes can be made without having prior written permission from the Community Management Office.

      Changes that require written permission include, but are not limited to, interior paint changes using standard colors, installing insured satellite dishes that are not secured to any part of the home, fence installation, dog doors, and air conditioners.

      Changes/additions that are not allowed include, but are not limited to, hot tubs, tree houses, above ground pools deeper than 12 inches, and tree swings.

  • How do I report neighborhood issues?

    • Your Community Management Office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to assist with any need. You may call or visit to discuss any concerns. Please contact the Community Management Office to report neighbor concerns, abandoned vehicles, safety hazards, inoperative street lights and sprinklers, stray cats and dogs, noise violations, etc. If it is after hours and is an emergency please contact Security Forces at 719-333-2000. Hunt Military Communities wants to ensure you and your family are comfortable in your home and have peace of mind regarding your neighborhood.

  • How do I request permission to have out of town guests in our home?

    • Guests and guest vehicles must be registered with the Community Management Office if staying longer than 48 hours. Simply call or visit the Community Management Office in advance of your guest's visit to notify the staff. Written approval is required for all guests staying over 30 days.

  • Do I need to notify Hunt Military Communities when I will be away from my home?

    • Residents who will be away from their homes more than five (5) days must notify their Community Management Office. The resident should leave an emergency contact number with Management in case of emergencies. Residents will need to fill out an absence from residence form with all this information, it can be obtained from the Community Management Office.

  • Do I need to report changes that would affect my housing status?

    • Changes in pay, number of dependents, duty location, etc. must be reported to the Community Management Office immediately. All information regarding your residence needs to remain current in the Community Management Office including phone numbers, automobile registration, pet information, and emergency contacts.

  • What happens when it’s time to move?

    • When you find out you’ll be moving, please stop by the Community Management Office to complete a Notice to Vacate.  This is a legal requirement in your lease agreement.  You may complete a Notice to Vacate even if you have not yet received your orders. Your lease requires you give at least 30 days’ notice. You may also set up appointments for your pre-move out and final move out appointments at this time.

  • What if I’m moving to another Hunt Military Communities location?

    • Lucky you! Hunt Military Communities has a loyalty program for residents moving to another Hunt site, which can put money in your pocket! Please contact the Community Management Office for details.

  • How do I make a suggestion to Hunt Military Communities?

    • Hunt encourages and welcomes resident communication. You may enjoy the open door policy of the Community Management Office. All letters and phone calls will be responded to. Your resident website, offers a resident instant feedback link as well. By emailing your suggestion goes straight to the Community Manager and Community Director to review.

      Several avenues for resident feedback, suggestions, and comments have been provided. Specifically, residents are randomly contacted following service requests, all potential residents are requested to complete customer feedback cards, random surveys regarding maintenance service are randomly distributed, and all homes receive a yearly survey conducted via third-party.